About The Position
Welcome to the future of cloud networking and security!
Cato Networks is the first company to converge enterprise networking and security into one centralized and global service that is delivered by cloud. Cato’s unique technology inspired a brand-new product category, later named “SASE” by Gartner.
Cato is the brainchild of networking and security pioneers Shlomo Kramer (Check Point, Imperva) and Gur Shatz (Incapsula.) Cato Networks has raised $532 million dollars since 2015, achieving Centaur status with $100M in ARR, and a valuation of $2.5 billion dollars.
Now we’re looking for an experienced Senior Backend Engineer to join the Cato team. In this critical role, you will be developing our cloud-based personalized networking and security management solutions. In addition, you will also be building microservices that work in near real-time environments.
- Developing microservices that work in high scale and in near real-time performance
- Developing Cato’s web application using backend and full stack development
- Scaling, deploying and monitoring microservices on Cato’s global private cloud
- Evaluating and integrating with 3rd party solutions
- Leading the development through all its phases– reviewing the spec, designing, implementing testing and monitoring.
- Researching and embedding new technologies and best practices in the development team
- 5+ years of backend development. Proficiency with Java, Spring boot.
- Have proven experience with high performance environments and benchmark evaluation.
- Experience with architecture, design and development of complex web applications.
- Experience with microservices, Docker, K8S, Grafana – strong advantage
- Familiar with SaaS / Cloud Based Infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure) technologies - advantage
- Experience with web development - Go, GQL - advantage
- A team player with excellent collaboration skills
- Able to self-learn new skills and technologies
- Motivated, a fast learner, independent and great at problem solving
- BSc. degree in Computer Science from a known university