About The Position
Cato Networks is the provider of the world’s first SASE platform, Cato SASE Cloud. SASE (Secure Access Service Edge) is the convergence of network and network security into a unified, global, and cloud-native service. You can read more about SASE here.
We are looking for an experienced lawyer to join us as Legal Counsel. The role will help build the legal and compliance foundation and infrastructure required to support an amazing company and the business teams in the Americas. The ideal candidate has a sharp business focus, is proactive, decisive, and highly collaborative.
This is your opportunity to get on the rocket ship, and join a company that is building a cutting-edge enterprise network and security cloud platform, and is on a fast track to become the worldwide market leader – don’t miss it!
We are open to candidates that are located remotely in the United States, with a preference for Eastern time zone.
- Provide practical, business-oriented legal advice and recommendations on numerous legal and business issues.
- Ability to structure, draft and negotiate complex agreements and communicate effectively with sales professionals as well as attorneys, internal stakeholders in the company, as well as with representatives of customers and partners in the Americas.
- Knowledge of various technology agreements, including sales, various business models, licenses, consulting, NDAs, open-source, Channel partner and Strategic Alliance agreements, and other agreements commonly used in the high-tech industry required.
- Monitor and provide guidance on data privacy and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Create and maintain standard templates, business processes, and internal policies to help scale the business
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree from an accredited U.S. Law School.
- Active admission to a State Bar.
- 3-5+ years of relevant legal experience in top law firm and as an in-house counsel in a high-tech company.
- Strong background from the technology, data, telecommunications, and security industries.
- High capability of independently, effectively, and proactively negotiate various commercial agreements whilst partnering with internal and external stakeholders.
- Relevant experience negotiating and finalizing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) agreements as well as software licenses agreements with large enterprise customers, value-added resellers, agents, distributors, vendors and technology partners.
- Knowledge and understanding of privacy and data protection laws and regulations.
- Candidate must possess strong communication, analytical and organizational skills with an attention to complex detail.
- Experience working in a cross functional global organization is required.