Firewall-as-a-Service debuts on the Gartner Hype Cycle for Infrastructure Protection
In new research published by Gartner on July 6th, Analyst Jeremy D’Hoinne introduced a new technology segment: Firewall-as-a-Service (FWaaS). As the name suggests, the segment is focused on the migration of on-premise firewalls to the Cloud. Obviously, this market segment is in an early adoption stage, but the analysis suggests the impact on enterprises would be high since enterprises have already realized the benefits of improved visibility, flexibility and centralized policy management. Gartner also calls out two key considerations for evaluating solutions: network latency and security capabilities.
Cato Networks is one of the top vendors driving this new and exciting market forward. FWaaS promises simplification and cost reduction by eliminating on-premise appliances. We agree. However, we view the opportunity more broadly through the convergence of both Software-defined Wide Area Networking (SD-WAN) and network security in the Cloud. The Cloud doesn’t merely transform the firewall “form factor,” but also enables a whole new connectivity and security architecture. Cato is delivering an integrated networking and security stack that extends the boundaries of the legacy firewall-protected perimeter to connect mobile users, cloud infrastructure, and physical locations into a new, optimized and secure perimeter in the Cloud.
By using Cato, enterprises will be able to:
- Eliminate distributed networking and security appliances, and the cost and complexity of buying, upgrading and patching them
- Reduce MPLS connectivity costs by dynamically offloading internet and WAN traffic to affordable and resilient Internet links
- Directly access the Internet everywhere without deploying a dedicated on-premise network security stack
- Leverage an affordable, low-latency and global WAN between enterprise locations
- Enforce a unified policy across remote locations, mobile users, and physical and cloud infrastructure without using multiple point solutions
- Strengthen security posture with an agile network security platform that can scale to support any business need and rapidly adapt to emerging threats
- Gradually migrate existing enterprise networks for a growing subset of locations, users and use cases
Read more about firewall as a service market
To learn more about Cato Networks visit http://www.catonetworks.com